Monday, November 26, 2007

That night…

The night was unusually cold for an otherwise warm summer week
A perfect climax to an imperfect day, I thought
As I slipped under the cold duvet of an unfamiliar, icy bed
With the dull beats of my frozen heart

I stared at the silhouette formed by the figure sitting across the room
The darkness made him even more formidable
And I knew that even though a few feet away,
He was now out of my reach

The cold, the darkness, the still night suddenly engulfed me
As silent tears began to flow down leaving a burning trail
What brought about this distance between us?
Was it me, was it him…, I wondered.

For whoever it was, had managed to build
A fortress between us, oh quite so quickly
That I knew I was way to week to break down.

And as I lay in that strange cold bed,
My eyes trying to search for the tenderness and love
That was lost somewhere in the darkness
Knowing it would be difficult to find even in bright sunlight

Just then the room filled with a bright glow
The light poured in by the flashing lights of a passing car
And just for a moment I stared into his eyes
The eyes that answered the unspoken question

It was neither me nor you
But a stranger who had managed
To build between us… that night
A fortress with a single locked door… that was without a key…

3 comments:

PCube said...

Reminded me of Enrique Iglesias' latest hit 'do you know what it feels like'.. well written, girl.

iyer-the-gr8 said...

Too much... Whats the inspiration behind this post?

Sonal Chinchwadkar said...

The inspiration behind this post is a mixed bag of personal and not so personal experiences! :P