Friday, September 14, 2007

There is something about Ganpati!


The auspicious Ganpati festival starts tomorrow… and
we celebrate the festival with a lot of enthusiasm at home. Every year, we bring home the Ganesha idol, one day before the festival actually starts… and the next two days are probably the most satisfying days of the entire year. I am not a very religious person by nature… and do not follow the niti grities of religious processes.

And yet there is something about this Ganpati festival that leaves me peaceful, satisfied and most important of all, extremely hopeful. So many times during the past few years, life has been anything but peaceful around the Ganpati festival. And yet, the two days of pooja and aarti, and the colourfully festive atmosphere has left me feeling happy. The beautiful idol that resides in my house for two days gives me tremendous power, energy and ability to meet life head on again!


There is something about Ganpati… that makes me wait for the festival eagerly, there’s something about Ganpati that changes life for me… almost completely… year after year… each year… Kudos to my favourite God… Ganpati Bappa Moraya!!!

No comments: