Sunday, September 23, 2007

Twisted Priorities?


It was one of those late mornings on Sunday when doing nothing, seemed like a really lucrative option. Surfing through the channels I stopped at what looked suspiciously like an Ally McBeal episode… the channel surfing froze and I settled myself to enjoy the next hour of nostalgia, when serials like Ally McBeal, X-Files and The Practice were a common watch with dinner (a respite from the K-series too!)


And as usual, by the end of the episode, it was time for what I like to refer to as the “closing”. Every episode starts with a case… and the closing of that legal battle is usually a rather philosophical musing… that almost always left me wondering.

This time, it was Ally’s question… Who started this belief that the right man or woman will just walk in, and all you have to do is Just wait for that to happen!

That really got me thinking. How many people around me do I know who claim that the right person just came along and everything just fell into place, without either partners making that effort to actually make it happen! I very rarely remember anyone telling me that they allowed the right person to just walk in… although I do know of some who said… they allowed the right person to just walk away!

Imagine the amount of time we all spend making our careers perfect… hours and hours spend at work, trying to achieve… well something! How many of us spend that much time actually making our personal lives work… how many of us spend hours and hours trying to achieve something on the personal front… be it our relationships with our parent… our friends or our partners. I so often say it myself… of Ms. X? We just lost touch! Naturally… if neither made an effort to stay in touch… But of course I never just say, I lost touch with my clients, do I?

It’s times like these that I believe that I live in a world with twisted priorities… or as a generation I think most of us have lost the ability to prioritise… where this leads us tomorrow… only time can tell. As of now… I better stop blogging and get back to work… I have a whole lot of pending work to finish over the dying weekend, before the fresh day begins…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey good one ..
me agree completely

mysticmaiden said...

Hmm, true, no matter how much you try to obviate it, personal relationships will continue to matter :)
And for the entry, thats another great thought from you, as ever! :)

unpredictable said...

Omg .. who are you? ur last 3 posts are a total reflection of my own life :O

PCube said...

Each of your posts (read the last 5) has an inherent pathos combined logic... nice style! What prompted me into leaving a comment is the fact that what you've written has such universal appeal- unpredictable's comment (and my own) are testimony to that.